How Long Does A Guarantee Last?

daz1107
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a phone from a UK seller and it was brand new.  After 80 days, it has totally stopped working and won't switch on.

If the seller won't refund or replace (it was from a shop), am I still covered under paypal protection, or is it now too long to claim?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@daz1107

You can file a dispute up to 180 days but that does not mean that paypal will find in your favour as you have had the item for a long while.

If they don't find in your favour then you will need to sort it out with the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

daz1107
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you - I'll see if the seller responds

Login to Me Too

daz1107
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - the seller is not responding to mesages, how do I start a dispute claim please?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@daz1107

Click on resolve a problem link lower left of your paypal summary page and go from there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello daz1107, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal UK Community!

I am sorry to hear about this experience. As advised by @kernowlass you should find the option to initiate a dispute when accessing to your account. You can also take a look into this link http://ow.ly/4n0RGN that includes all the steps you need to follow to open a dispute 🙂 

Hope this helps, 

Carlos 

Login to Me Too

daz1107
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Carlos - I've managed to start the dispute, so just waiting to see if the seller responds.  If not, I will escalate the claim to paypal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Great! You have done the right thing. If you need further assistance, just let us know 🙂

You can also contact us via Twitter @AskPayPal and our PayPal Facebook page.

Have a nice weekend!

Carlos 

Login to Me Too

daz1107
Contributor
Contributor

Very disappointed with this process - I escalated the claim after the seller ignored my ebay message and also the inital paypal message.

Seller then sent a single message saying that the phone could have physical damage (it doesn't, it's immaculate as are all my phones) and that he won't accept it as it's older than 3 months.  It wasn't 3 months old when it stopped working, as I stated in my inital ebay message and my paypal claim messages.

Paypal find in sellers favour - so it's really acceptable to sell a brand new item for £179.99 which fails after less than 3 months??

Sorry, can't now see the point in using paypal if this is the case.....back to the credit card I think which at least gives me Section 75 protection for any item over £100.

Buyers beware......

@PayPal_Carlos wrote:

Great! You have done the right thing. If you need further assistance, just let us know 🙂

@you can also contact us via Twitter @AskPayPal and our PayPal Facebook page.

Have a nice weekend!

Carlos 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.