Hold on refunds How does a person reply to an existing topic????

cynindesign
Contributor
Contributor

I saw several posts about this, but couldn't find the option to add a comment/question to the posts I viewed. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

cynindesign -

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you may have been viewing a locked topic - check out this post for more information on locked topics.

Olivia has a wonderful bank FAQ here, but it sounds like your payment was refunded before the bank transfer finished processing completely.  To quote Olivia's article:

"The seller refunded my payment. Why don't I have access to the funds?

If a seller issues you a refund right away on bank funded payment, the funds may not yet have finished transferring from your bank. As soon as the EFT transfer is complete to PayPal from your bank, the funds are available for you to use or withdraw, as you see fit. That is typically 5-7 business days for Canadian accounts, with varying time frames for other countries."

Hope this helps!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

somegirl11
New Community Member

I made a purchase on Friday(March 16)  then quickly decided I wanted to cancel the order.  I contacted the seller right away.   The money has finished transferring from my bank, as I got an email this morning(March 19) saying the money had been deducted.   Later today the seller contacted me saying the had issued a full refund.     I checked my paypal account and it has a temporary hold on the funds.  Why??    The money has already come out of my bank account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

somegirl11 -

Welcome to the Community!

The answer to your question is included in my response to cynindesign, above.  Check out Olivia's Bank FAQ for more information on using your bank with PayPal.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.