Hey there, I'm new to PayPal - Problem with payments

robbhughes
New Community Member

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

Appears everytime I try and make a payment for something, even if it is with a different merchant, how can I solve this issue? 

I have had a look around the forum, and couldnt find something on this, so sorry if it has been posted elsewhere.

Thanks in advance,

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

Kenyarz
New Community Member

I am also having the same issue

Login to Me Too

gsp4711

I don't like to whinge (well, just a little bit) but this is a problem going back to 2011 ????

I was thinking Paypal were just picking on me 🙂

It is now late Feb 2013 and it still causes problems !!

Login to Me Too

Problem_SPb
New Community Member

Hello!

I've got just the same problem. I cannot pay for my items.

"We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available)"

A couple of days ago I successfully paid for my items at ebay. What's the problem now?

Thanks for your answers!

Best regards.

Login to Me Too

forssen85
New Community Member

I also have the same problem.

I have even tried with differnet buyers.

Last week when I tried to pay, none of my credit cards were accepted.

I then did a bank transfer, and I now have funds on my paypal account.

I try to pay again, with my funds in the account (this method worked last week),

but now I only get the error:

"This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available)."

Please help! I get alot of bad feedback when I can't pay!

Login to Me Too

OstajaK

"This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information. Return to merchant and try a different payment method We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available)."

Yes that's also the message I keep on getting. No open issues, no limits, no error codes. I'm totally confused.

Login to Me Too

madhatter1
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting the following message

Sorry, we aren't able to complete your request at this time.
If you encounter this message more than once, please contact us, and we'll do our best to help and an error code of #10424.  I have used the same method as I have always done and it is only recently that I have encounter this problem.  What does the error code signify. 

Login to Me Too

clearlysexy
Contributor
Contributor

yes iam having same problems my credit cards both have money on them and i cant purchase anything from ebay and i just bought 75$ in prepaid cards

Login to Me Too

Richardc9052

Im getting the exact problem and im not even using a credit card.. i opened an account to recieve money from a friend and i have used it quite a few times now and then today its just coming up with the error: 

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

Login to Me Too

Seohyun777
Contributor
Contributor

Help please, I have this same issue. I am not using credit cards, my account was made recently. I have no problems, and have bought a few things before with my paypal balance before I started receiving this error. Now I cannot buy anything and it's really annoying...makes me regret having the money go to paypal almost. Now I have 100$ gone to waste. Can this please be fixed? I don't mean to sound rude but it's really frustrating and upsetting.

Login to Me Too

Sinnki

I'm using Paypal for the first time on ebay, I've used it before and not had this problem. 

It keeps showing this error. 

I need to pay on ebay within four days for a bid I've won and I can't pay through any other means, Please resolve this issue immediately. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.