Has anyone bought from Remains Of The games?

Galadriel
New Community Member

I bought furniture from Remains of The Games.    Or I think I've bought some!!!!  All seems very vague.     Tried contacting and its always a "bear with..........." response.  "we are deluged at the moment"  etc etc.  Have any of you had the same trouble?     I contacted London 2012 who said its nothing to do with them.  Remains of the games claims to be al ogistics company dealing with selling off the Olympic Village contents.  You'd think London 2012 would know about it.    fear its a scam. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Just remember you have up to 45 days to file for non receipt of item with paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ROTG
New Community Member

The Remains Of The Games is a brand name being used by Ramler Furniture UK Ltd. Ramler were key suppliers of furniture to the Sydney Games and of course 2012 [along with a string of other key events]. The products are being sold to trade buyers in bulk and to the public via the Internet. Deliveries to the trade have been directly from Sites and also from Utility where the majority of stock has been held. The trade are buying few options in large quantities. The public large quantities over a wide spread of goods. To date only about 40% of the goods have been uplifted from the Venues/Sites. Goods are now being forwarded to Park Logistics in Nottingham who are consolidating orders. The backlog is vast and the operation complicated by the need to evaluate repackaging. This needs to be done before quotations are complete. 

Progress will continue to be uploaded onto the Webster and collections from Nottingham will commence very soon. Collections from London are being finalised over the next few days.

Login to Me Too

Hermes42
New Community Member

I hope someobody is looking in to the chaos that is the Remains of the Games operation. We did eventually get our items, weeks after the initial indication of readiness. One beanbag was filthy, having paid £48 to have the items delivered it seems as though it must have been kicked from Tilbury -- their were black boot marks all over it.

We also ordered a safe but this arrived shut! So that is £59 wasted. The phone number on side in case of problems was discontinued.

We filled the compensation form which has to be presented to the Nottingham main site. We live in London.

Whoever organised this outfit to handle fulfilment of such an important and one must assume lucrative contract needs to be ashamed. I would go to the police but I suspect no crime has been committed.

Login to Me Too

Chepstow
New Community Member

I also "maybe" bought over £500 of goods from Remains of The Games. 3 months later I got a delivery quotation for £250 (!!) and another email saying that 95% of my order was out of stock.

I therefore cancelled the order. Usual stalling, excuses, and whining from ROTG. (That's when they actually answer of course.) I have sent them copies of my PayPal invoices twice so far to prove my claim.

I then tried to dispute via PayPal, but as it was well over 45 days since the order, PayPal just bounced it automatically.

My next step is to try a Visa Chargeback.

If that fails I'm taking ROTG to court. It works (eventually) but a big pain in the arse.

I'm not sure if ROTG is a criminal organisation or simply incompetent. The result for us is the same. Don't touch them with a vaulting pole.

Login to Me Too

karenlr
New Community Member
Spoiler

Hi

Having bought items in Aug 2012 to pick up from Tilbury to being told half of them werent available from sending loads and loads of 'copies' of my orders I stumbled across this community and ROTG facebook page which shows hundreds of unhappy customers

Shouted very loud on the facebook page and someone called Aaron dinally sorted our credits in about an hour

Have gone to the press because although we have our credits hope this will help the hundreds who havent

Keep an eye out for the story if its run will be in the mail on sun (13.01.13) or maybe the start of the following week

Good luck everyone Threaten legal proceedings ask for Aaron and you may like us get your credits x

Login to Me Too

Beberdu66
New Community Member

I bought in this site . I live inFrance . Any information . No delivery . C'est un scandale . and a shame for London .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.