Error when trying to purchase

SueSueSue
New Community Member

When trying to contribute $725 for Ubuntu Edge at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ubuntu-edge/ I receive this error message when trying to log into PayPal:

'We can't process your payment right now, so please try again later. We're sorry for the inconvenience.'

I need help resolving this issue.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there SueSueSue,

This error message can mean a couple of things, generally it shows when your payment is being declined by your card issuer or PayPal's internal security system.

If your card details are up to date and you are still experiencing this error I would suggest calling PayPal's customer service team, you can do this by clicking on 'Contact Us' & 'Call Us' at the bottom of your account.

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

Cmart
New Community Member

is there a philippine support help desk to call?

Login to Me Too

dancunningham
New Community Member

Hi SueSueSue,

I had exactly this problem.

I called PayPal and they told me that this can sometimes happen even with a Verified account, when you are trying to make a purchase that is for a much greater amount than you usually make. Their automated security system can flag up the transaction and disallow it.

They said there are two options:

1. Add Funds to your PayPal account to cover the transaction amount. This will take 3-5 days to go in, then you can make the payment from your PayPal balance.

2. Ask Indiegogo to send an invoice via PayPal (I've asked them if they can do this, will update here when they reply).

Thanks,

Dan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.