Error message at ebay checkout

BubblesUK
Contributor
Contributor

This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

I have tried to pay for items purchsed on ebay using my paypal account but everytime I get the above message I have £68.00 in my paypal balance and money on in the accounts linked to paypal so not sure what the problem is

Login to Me Too
189 REPLIES 189

sreejithc26
New Community Member

I get this error when i try completing checkout at ebay.

"This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information."

Login to Me Too

theerawut
We were not able to process your payment.
  • Please check out again and try a different credit card or bank account for your PayPal payment.
  • If you encounter this message more than once, please contact PayPal customer support for further assistance.

I need help with this problem.

Login to Me Too

hidorie
New Community Member

Kay, so ii trie to buy sumfing on ebay but it i cant it say dis mssg 

replii to me as soon as yall can 

This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

and iz not my companie i call already iz u guyz so fix it 

Login to Me Too

pspisomail

Why am I getting this error message everytime I go to buy something?

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

Login to Me Too

mlambana
Contributor
Contributor

Ran into this problem as well when we first started with the PayPal account. Called them numerous times and nothing. Has the problem for weeks and then everything was fine. Made about 130 purchases over a month until $25 transactions since we have a computer repair company, and them again right now it happened again. We're fully verified no problems no complaints. And it happens again. Different credit cards wont work because it will be good for one purchase before the card gets blocked. PayPal says "because we want to know you or get to know you" well its been over 5 weeks and we've purchased over 130 items without any problems our complaints...so what gives how much more do you need to know us?

Login to Me Too

Ehessy530

im experienceing this and it makes me sad.

Login to Me Too

disgusted27
Contributor
Contributor

unfortunately, I'm here again with the very same problem. I spent 3.5 hours on the phone with PayPal agents with no resolution to this issue. After looking over all posts, it is obvious that this is an ongoing problem of at least eight months.

Two of the agents blame the problem on a browser malfunction. I tried computers using three different browsers. All failed with the error message being displayed, therefore, their claim is false. I was on the phone with PayPal agents with no resolution of this issue. Yhe last call involved a three way conference call involving PayPal and ebay agents. Again. no resolution.  PalPal is and will be unable or unwilling  to resolve this problem for the forseeable future. I have lost faith in PayPals ability to conduct a reputable business.

Login to Me Too

lurestu

Same problem here!

Login to Me Too

MarshNags
New Community Member

Every time i checkout at ebay it says error we can not process this payment at this time - if this message appears more then once please contact paypal support for further assitance.

i checked my credit card and ive been charged for the item on ebay, but it has no history of me buying any items when i check my ebay accounts history...

Login to Me Too

spereree

so any info on this issue yet? any solutions? or info on what's the cause?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.