Ebay seller applied discount is not showing when i go to pay

dz1
Contributor
Contributor

I bought 4 items from an ebay seller and they sent me an invoice with a discount for combined postage, but when i go to paypal to pay the discount is removed and i have to pay more. Ebay could not fix the problem and told me to tell the seller to request payment through paypal. That is a pretty poor response from ebay but if i do that will we both be protected?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Dian

Hi Dz1,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting here.

I think that the seller might have not added the discount in the new invoice that he sent to you. 

If you buy the items with a payment request you will both be protected. I would advise  that the seller puts all the eBay details in the payment request such as Ebay user ID, item number etc. This way you both have a reference that the payment is regarding the eBay items. 

But the protection will remain for both of you this does not change :).

Dian

Login to Me Too

Goldstonebooks
Contributor
Contributor

We have been having this problem for several weeks.  We apply the discount to the invoice in eBay and then when the buyer goes to pay for it, they email me and tell me that the invoice isn't showing up in PayPal.  I've been telling them to go ahead and pay it anyway, and after they've paid, they discover that they have in fact had the discount and paid the correct amount, but it would be nice if PayPal would sort out why it's not showing up before payment so I don't have to keep answering these emails from customers who are understandably confused...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Goldstonebooks,

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry to hear that this is happening. 

I would advise you to contact our technical team for this. You can go to www.paypal.com/mts and file a request with them. They should be able to resolve this for you. 

I hope it will be resolved soon!

- Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.