Ebay payment problem

Alex322
Contributor
Contributor

I've used paypal on ebay for many years without any problems. However,  after buying an item the other day, I was unable to pay for it. I keep getting reminders from ebay to pay for it, but Paypal won't let me. This is only affecting ebay and not other sites. How do I rectify this?

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

sirhugo
Contributor
Contributor

This is for everyone whos having problems paying with paypal. hopefully this will shed some light as to why.

If you payment wont go thru its due to 1 of 2 reasons.

1. the payment was declined by bank/card issuer

2. the payment was stopped by paypals security system.

if 1, then check that the card details are correct on paypal. also check you card hasnt expired. if this isnt the problem, phone the bank and ask for the online authorisation dept. they will till you why it was declined.

if 2, paypal blocked it as they suspected it was risky or fraudulent. they cant override the system so no use phoning and yelling at them. try a different card if you have one. if that does nt work trying waiting 24 hours. if still no joy try the following:

1. verify your bank account if not already done

2. ask the person/company to send you a money request and pay directly through it

3. top up your paypal balance and try the payment

hopefully this helps a little

Login to Me Too

Speedliter54
New Community Member

Got a similar problem... When I try to pay eBay checkout and selecting pay with PayPal the log on to PayPay won't go past the account details verification however long I wait. So like others I am unable to pay for the items purchased. I can log on to my PayPal account direct without problems, so clearly the problen is with the switch from eBay to PayPay. Yes I have cleared my Internet cache which seems to be the limit of eBay's help!

HELP! I don't want negative feedback for non payment this issue needs sorting. I have used eBay and PayPal for a number of years and it has never been a problem before.

Login to Me Too

Skexies
New Community Member

Same problem as others...  I submit for paypal payment on item within ebay (usa).  It takes me to paypal login with item value on left pane.  I submit my login details and it offers me payment options.

I pick to use my existing balance (so there is no authorization issue here with cards or banks) and click to submit.

I get the floating busy circle and a redirect to ebay's uk site telling me there is an error? and nothing happened.

I've tried several computers and browsers to no avail.

Login to Me Too

Hbooraem
New Community Member

I ran into this problem today, and I wonder if it's related to the fact that I first attempted to mkae the payment on my phone, which failed.

I have contacted the seller and asked for a direct payment request, but I'm not sure that will work.  I suspect that my entire paypal account will be blocked from making payments for 24 hours or so.  I can login to the Paypal site without any problems, and when I attempt to pay with Paypal on ebay, I put in the email address and password.  The computer clearly goes through the authentication process, and then decides to kick me back out.

Very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

kim119
New Community Member

ive been having this problem all day can login just fine on paypal but it keeps having me login through ebay and kicks me back out

Login to Me Too

Scap13

I encountered this problem 5 times in 2 days. It is very annoying and frustrating. I contacted Ebay, spoke to agents, emailed PayPal, and phoned PayPal. The result? Both Ebay and PayPal say that there is no issue. Ridiculous. This is unacceptable. There clearly is an issue.

I've let Ebay/PayPal & sellers know that I refuse to use their services until they acknowledge the problem and fix it. It may help if eveyone who has encountered this issue does the same. Voices are stronger in numbers.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

waswasp
New Community Member
After using paypal for ebay payments for many years witout problems either, I tried to do a payment after upgrading to windows 10 without success. Eventuall worked out the I was using Windows 10 "edge" internet browser. After swaping to normal internet explorer, everything worked like a charm. So don't use Windows 10 "Microsoft edge" to do PayPal transactions.
Login to Me Too

Gaz74
New Community Member
Don't suppose your all using Samsung galaxy devices by any chance? Havin the same issues with my wife's but mine is ok, different phones. . .
Login to Me Too

Paypal sucks.

It not allowing me to pay my invoices, even for 50 $ . When i called customer care , they told me I am new to my account and i need to build a history.

How can i build history if i cannot able to pay for 50 $. This happened Last month.

Today, I won a bid in Ebay. and i cannot able to make payment because apparently all credit card transactions is happening via paypal and its not allowing payment.

When i called customer care they told me they have a security model which prevents the payment. I really wonder what kind of security model they have.

Login to Me Too

susielf
Contributor
Contributor

I have loved using PayPal for many years, however when I changed banks and cancelled all of the former payment options, the trouble started.  I closed the credit cards and the debit cards from my old bank.

Now when I try to pay for something, I get an email to add money to my paypal saying the bank refuses payment.    

I looked further and see PayPal is billing my OLD bank using the last 3 numbers of my former checking account.

I tried to change it but the old account does not appear in my wallet.  The old credit card or debit card is still there.  I tried to cancel that card and message said cannnot be performed at this time.  Tried one last time, and PP asked me for the

security card from the back of my card before it can be deleted.  I destroyed all cards from my old account;  don't know the code.

Called customer service twice.  The language barrier would not let me make the rep understand me.  The same with the next rep.  So I wrote an email and was sent a reply about changing addresses.

I am more than frustrated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.