Ebay payment problem

Alex322
Contributor
Contributor

I've used paypal on ebay for many years without any problems. However,  after buying an item the other day, I was unable to pay for it. I keep getting reminders from ebay to pay for it, but Paypal won't let me. This is only affecting ebay and not other sites. How do I rectify this?

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

chezndy1313
Contributor
Contributor

Please I've been getting same error message since yesterday and cannot pay for items I won on ebay. The seller already sent an invoice to my ebay account, yet paypal wouldn't let me pay for it. Even though I have funds in my card. It's been frustating. I need help

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi chezndy1313, 

Have you been able to pay for your eBay item yet?. 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

sajamo
New Community Member

Hi same problem as the rest, have also tried doing this through Paypal as suggested above using the send money tab. When i click on the ebay selection on the subtab it then tells me to go through ebay to make a payment. This is ridiculous im going round in circles and unable to pay. We should not be told to use other methods it is up to you as paypal to tell us the truth about what is wrong and get it sorted!!

Login to Me Too

DartmoorDiva

I am unable to choose a different credit card to make a payment. Only 1 card showing in drop down box but if I go to "Add another card" it says I have 2 active cards. I use 1 card solely for ebay so I can keep a better track when the bill comes through. Cant even change option to pay from bank account..! I wonder if Paypal has been hacked in some way?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi DartmoorDiva, 

If you are not getting the option to choose either card it may be that one of your cards is being denied by your card issuer or by PayPal's internal security system is not allowing it to be used for this particular transaction. 

I would suggest that you contact the online authorisation department and your bank (the bank that issues your card) to clarify if they are denying use of your card. 

I hope this helps

Paula 

Login to Me Too

lorddeath999
New Community Member

same exact thing happening to me also cant pay cant switch cards talked to them on the phone nothing!!

Login to Me Too

Moza
New Community Member

Totally agree. It is very frustrating. I am also horrified to see that many other users have the exact same problem and have highlighted to paypal, yet in reply, Paula just seems to try the "shot in the dark" type of advise rather than getting the paypal sorted!!

My bank card is valid, I have funds in it and no Paula you can not try paying for the items direct via Paylal because as soon as you choose you choose the "ebay item", paypal suggest you to use the checkout option in Ebay, hence going round the circle.

Come on paypal, hire some half decent software engineers to get this bug out of your software.

Login to Me Too

barker
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same problem ,get no help just ger card rejected by the bank ,when nothing wrong with the account happend 3 times 3 differant accounts

Login to Me Too

donnegal222
New Community Member

really don't think ebay want to help with problems. 

Login to Me Too

xXxCara87xXx

I'm so glad I'm not the only person having problems but I'm getting so frustrated at the moment, I tried to pay for my items yesterday and they were declined!! Smiley Sad I checked my bank account and I have enough funds, I clicked on the Paypal error message and got this response.... You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks.... HELP!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.