Ebay payment problem

Alex322
Contributor
Contributor

I've used paypal on ebay for many years without any problems. However,  after buying an item the other day, I was unable to pay for it. I keep getting reminders from ebay to pay for it, but Paypal won't let me. This is only affecting ebay and not other sites. How do I rectify this?

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

Shokre

As of today I'm getting a message "Sorry, this payment option isn't available." when trying to pay with paypal for an item on ebay checkout. I even tried to enter my card details and try to pay directly from my card and that also can't get through, it says to select/put in different card. Is there a solution?

Login to Me Too

barry56

Has any one found a solution to the ebay paypal problem yet?  For the past month i have been unable to pay with PP in Ebay.  I have unlinked, deleted and reentered bank details and cards to no avail.  Followed all sorts of account tweeks but still no joy.This is the message I get when trying to pay https://fedsignin.ebay.co.uk/fedauth/ReceptorDispatcherV2?error=browser_not_supported&error_descript...

Using IE 11 on a PC windows 8.1 64 bit and update and virus check regularly.  Please help - been a member of PP for 12 years and never had issues before.  Thanks

Login to Me Too

ssbond2
Contributor
Contributor
Problems
Login to Me Too

ssbond2
Contributor
Contributor
That didnt go thru right! Was saying 1 step pay has been gray and not working when it asked for payment option, i went up to top left and hit paypal and it went to sign in page, put u.n. in and password, it went to confirm the order and hit pay and it all worked!! One step pay hasnt worked on mine since 31st. Im using my phone site!!
Login to Me Too

I've started having the same problem today. I asked a seller for a combined invoice and every time I've tried to check out it has failed (I'm using a Mac.) The checkout window isn't the usual one that displays how you want to pay, your paypal balance and which card is default. It keeps saying there is a problem with my PayPal account but I can sign into PayPal in a separate window with no issues. I have never had this problem before and it's frustrating when you know a seller is waiting on your payment.

*I tried checking out via my phone and it worked.

Login to Me Too

ssbond2
Contributor
Contributor
Had a problem last year,where everything checked out on info, checked bank account link to paypal and showed it was right!! Nothing would process!!! So i unlinked the 2, used my same un snd pw and relinked account. Everything went back to work! Was told paypal and ebay seperated on 31st, thsts when my 1 step pay quit working! Then i finally went to top and pushed the word paypal and it allows me to log in and pay! In there site problem somewhere!! Mine is easier using classic site, more options there on no confirm button slowing you down! Bid, and if you win, go to purchase history and use that pay process, the way i did above and goes thru fine! Just half to sign in pp everytime! Good luck!
Login to Me Too

Calv
Contributor
Contributor

Making a payment has become a problem for me, ever since the Ebay change to a payment selection page.

Despite contacting Paypal and having adjustments made to my account (I don't know what was done, it didn't need my input) the problem remains. When I select Paypal as the payment method, I get a pop up sign in box and after doing so, I see the symbols suggesting there is something is happening, then I get the select payment page again and again ad infinitum.

This doesn't happen on Ebay.com, only Ebay.co.uk

Anybody been here and resolved the problem?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.