Ebay checkout!

gerih321
New Community Member

I've recently won an item on ebay but when I try to pay for it it won't work. I've had a card set up on ebay for years but I click continue after the review page and then it asks me for card details so I enter my card details and it says the card os already registered?? HELP!! What do I do? I really need to pay for it ASAP and don't know how to get to the confirmation page!

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there gerih321,

The payment funding source may be denied by our internal security system.

To provide one of the safest online payment methods PayPal reviews every transaction before it's approved. Occasionally, we must block a certain funding source. It means that there may be a higher-than-normal level of risk associated with the transaction (e.g. Transaction being challenged to be unauthorised).

This is similar to the way banks and credit card companies work when approving individual transactions. When a payment is blocked, this is not a reflection of you or your account activities but rather fits a pattern we have observed in the past to be associated with higher-than-normal risk.

Unfortunately, we can neither give you detailed information as to why our security system has blocked your transaction nor am are we able to override or manually change the security settings.

My only advice would be to try the payment again at a different time of the day

I hope this information helps you

Wayne

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.