Ebay/.Palpay asking me to link a credit/debit card

stephed2
Contributor
Contributor

When I try to buy from ebay, I  am prompted to logon to my paypal account., but then I get this  "To complete this payment, link a debit or credit card to your PayPal account. Your card will not be charged unless the transaction amount exceeds your balance."

I don't think is it right - any body else seen it?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paypal like you to have a back up funding source linked to your paypal account ie a card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

stephed2
Contributor
Contributor

Seems odd as I've been using paypal for a few years,  and never been prompted for this.  Also it's not an expensive purchase.  I thought the whole point of PayPal was so that you didn't have to enter card details in website.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Up to you, don't do it if you don't want to.

Personally i always use my credit card to give me double protection when buying.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

oldbiscuittin
New Community Member

Hello,

I've just had the same problem. Annoyingly, once I've put all my card details in and clicked Continue, the form just clears and nothing else happens. So I can't make my payment of £6, knowing full-well there's enough in my account. Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

Stevoo184
New Community Member

I've just tried to buy from eBay and been requested to add a card, however I already have a debit card linked to the account. Why do I need to add another???

Login to Me Too

Mandat
Contributor
Contributor
I'm getting the same message. I already have 2 cards linked to eBay (mine & my partner's), and I'm getting the message no matter which PayPal account I try. I was making multiple purchases when the problem started, and all bar one went through ok. The one that didn't was only for a couple of quid, and both PayPal accounts are verified and have more than enough funds. I found lots of posts about this from two years ago, so it seems it's nothing new 😞 I think PayPal & eBay need to get their act together if they want to keep their customers.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.