DVDs Not Delivered Rip Off Seller

Pollys13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I bought some educational DVDs. I was in contact with the seller on a forum through personal messenger on the forum. So their is a record of our communications.

This is a little of what was said,

" Hi again,
Can you state on the Customs declaration as educational material. As there is no UK import vat on educational materials.
Thank you." 

He replied,

Sent 29 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

Peter, I gave the package to the post on Friday afternoon. I will go tomorrow morning to see if it is still there and mark it as instructional material.

Glen

I replied,

Thanks for doing that Glen. Have a great day

Sent 31 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Hi again Glen,

was the parcel still there and were you able to mark educational material on it?

Have you the tracking number for the parcel?

Cheers.

Sent 01 August 2013 - 01:27 AM

peter I marked the parcel as EM.  no tracking for 35.00. Tracking would have cost 56.00.

Glen

I then asked him, Sent 01 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

Hi,

You got a till receipt and certificate of posting?

Cheers.

and also,

Hi again,

When can I expect the parcel to arrive?

Thank you.

I've received no reply to these questions.

The seller knows I'm quite starpped for cash, he was friendly and accomodating, saying I didn't need the book as was heavy and would add a lot to postage cost, he even threw in a free DVD. When I first agreed to buy I then pulled out. Then went back to him and he was OK to sell me the DVDs, though a little peed off.

When I asked about a till receipt etc he might not have liked that, doubting his honesty sort of thing.

At the post office would have been required to fill in a customs declaration, he might have used a card to pay. Bar code on the postal frank stamp on the parcel.

The package might well be in the postage and I'm over suspicious.

Though If the seller is attempting to defraud me, what can I do, what protection against the loss of the $115 I PayPaled his email address.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its only been 6 days and the item is coming from the states and you are worried about it not arriving already??

You have up to 45 days to file a dispute for non reciept of item via paypal so I would give it at least a couple of weeks to arrive.

You are covered for non receipt of item as long as you paid via a sellers invoice or using send money > goods.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pollys13
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, thanks, the DVDs are coming from Canada not States.

I paid using send money > goods.

Regards,

Peter.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.