Counterfeit purse purchase online

nancy758

Hi-I bought a Coach bag online from a site that said Coach Outlet.  When I saw that my credit card showed a pending payment to PES*- site in Shenzhen China, I called my credit card company.  They said they would start an investigation and took the amount off my card. I also canceled that card and got a new card and number.  When I contacted the seller to try and cancel the order, they said it was already shipped.  Two weeks later, the purse was left in my door by USPS as I wasn't home. I have not opened it. I immediately got a text from the company saying I received my order and need to pay for it by Western Union since I canceled my credit card. I replied that there was no way I was sending them money. Should I take the unopened package to the post office and refuse delivery so they will send it back or keep it to have proof it is fake?  They are threatening to file a malicious refusal order with my credit card company.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nancy758

ok fair enough, well that company can't force you to pay again and as its illegal to sell fake goods you are under no obligation to return it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nancy758

Why do you think its fake?

You ordered an item that has now arrived and refusing to pay for it?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nancy758

I learned that Coach does not sell purses online anly in their retail and outlet stores and that fact that it is coming from Shenzhen China and all the emails from them are very poorly written.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nancy758

ok fair enough, well that company can't force you to pay again and as its illegal to sell fake goods you are under no obligation to return it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nancy758

So should I send it back unopened.  They will say they never got it back and want their money.  There is no tracking in China unless I send it back by DHL which would cost almost as much as the purse.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nancy758

Well personally I would not bother to return it.

If you filed a dispute via paypal and proved its fake then they would not tell you to return it either.

By returning it you are complicit with selling illegal goods as you are giving it back to them to sell again.

If you are not sure what to do have a chat with trading standards.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nancy758

Thank you.  I guess I will open it now to be 100% sure it is fake!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.