Checking out with mobile number and pin.

dcfc-fan
Contributor
Contributor

Every time I try to purchase something on eBay using my mobile number and pin number, rather than me e-mail address and password, I get an error message and can't check out.  Does anyone know why?  Number and pin are correct as I can log into the mobile app using the same details.  In have also previously used mobile number and pinnto purchase.  Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_paula

Hi dcfc_fan, 

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. We are always happy to have new members. 

If this is continuing to happen I would recommend that you try de-activating the pin and re-activating it. This can sometimes help resolve it. 

Here's how to unlink your mobile phone:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Next to 'Phone', click Update .
  4. Click Unlink and then select Deactivate phone.
  5. Click Unlink.

Note: Unlinking your mobile phone does not delete the phone number from your PayPal account.

Please let us know how you get on as it may help other members

Paula 

Login to Me Too

dcfc-fan
Contributor
Contributor
I have tried that solution already, but the problem still persists. Perhaps I should try this again?
Login to Me Too

dcfc-fan
Contributor
Contributor
I am still having this issue, can anyone help?? Many thanks. Neil
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi dcfc-fan, 

I am sorry to hear you are still having trouble with this. If you have de-activated it and re-activated it and it is still not working I would recommend that you contact our customer service team by phone. They will be able to review your account specifically and assist. 

To contact us please click on the contact us link at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.