Changing funding source error message

realteal
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

when trying to pay for an item it gives me the option to change the funding source, and I would like to change the funding source from paypal balance to debit card on file. When I click ''change'' it justs keeps loading for about 1 min then times out and gives me an error message ''internal server error''

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator,  and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log

I have cleared all cookies and cahe, and have even tested it out on another pc and I get the same problem.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK to put you out of you misery ....stop trying.

You cannot fund a payment any other way if you have funds in your paypal balance.

If there are funds in there then paypal will always take from that balance and won't allow you to change it to another option.

If you don't want to use the funds in your paypal balance then you can withdraw them to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

realteal
Contributor
Contributor

ok....so paypal gives Internal server error if  I have funds in paypal? Why doesnt paypal just say you can not change funds source because blah blah blah..

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I am not a technician and no idea why you got the internal error report.

I just thought i would post to let you know so you would not keep trying.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

realteal
Contributor
Contributor

ok, well thank you for your imput but I didnt have any issues a few days ago, I had funds in my paypal account and was able to change the fund source. Its been a problem for about 48 hours

Login to Me Too

TheEngineer
Contributor
Contributor

<ok....so paypal gives Internal server error...>

Yes but that would meen the software developer would need the ability to interact with the real world, including understanting that systems can go wrong and that errors need processing in a meaningful way for the user. And if you have ever met a software developer you will know that to them reality is pure fiction where things never go wron, with the result that they don't have to think about it... 😞

Login to Me Too

realteal
Contributor
Contributor

what is I dont have enough funds in paypal, will paypal then automatically take the funds from my debit card on file? if so that would be ok

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I think you can sometimes pay with an echeque  but not with instant bank transfer or a card if you have funds in your paypal balance.

However if you pay for an item that is say £6 and you have £4 in your paypal balance then paypal will use the £4 and then take the rest from your normal funding source eg debit or credit card. So in answer to your question...yes.

Hope that helps.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TheEngineer
Contributor
Contributor

<OK to put you out of you misery ....>

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you 🙂

Tech support could not help so getting direct answer is a great relief !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.