Change Billing Address

ZakASenior
New Community Member

Hey all,

I recently moved to Canada from the UK to study until May 2014. I have tried to pre-order something from BestBuy & Toy's R Us via paypal and it hasn't worked both times. I have called BestBuy and they said it's because my billing address is still set to my UK address, even though I am shipping it to an address in Canada.

The very rude woman at BestBuy said I could change my home address on paypal (and therefore my billing address) to my new Canadian address. But surely I can't do this? My billing address is registered to my card which in turn is registered to my bank, which is in the UK. If I change my billing address, when it comes to take funds out of paypal (then eventually my bank account) it won't work as the billing address is incorrect? 

Am I wrong in thinking this, or is it possible to change your billing address regardless of where your card is registered? 

Thanks,

Zak

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I believe your thinking is good.  If you have a card, have you using it by itself, not going thru PayPal?

Login to Me Too

ZakASenior
New Community Member

I have been using paypal for a long time. 

My card is registered to my UK address as the Bank is a UK one. 

In order to get my paypal account verifed all that time ago I had to add the card that was registered to my address.

If I change my billing address I fear when it comes to billing my account it will try and take funds from my bank account and my bank may see that the billing address has changed and may hold the funds, which wouldn't be very helpful.

If I can't change my billing address I guess my only options are to open a bank account in Canada OR pre-order it via a giftcard or something similar. It's just weird that companies wouldn't account for international payments in this way. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.