Case closed as I don't qualify for buyer protection???

Bengs
Contributor
Contributor
I bought an air gun that totalled just under £100 with a specific delivery time slot on the 12th from a website I wasn't sure about, but they accepted PayPal so I proceeded expecting to be covered by buyer protection incase it was a dodgy website, but no one came. I opened a case but was ultimately closed in the seller's favour as I "wasn't eligible for buyer protection"... I'm not very happy... I checked the buyer protection eligibility page, and I saw one problem. It says if it is more than one payment for a single item I'm not eligible. I paid with my PayPal balance and the remaining sum with my bank account. Does this count as multiple payments? I'm really confused and quite upset. I won't be using PayPal on anything other than eBay again...
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Bengs

Multiple payments mean if u dont pay the whole amount at one time for the item, eg if u and the seller agree u can put a deposit down and pay in instalments.

By paying with part ppal and part bank doesnt count as a multiple payment because they are linked and this is how ppal pay for an item if there isnt enough money in the ppal acc.

Im guessing the case was closed because the gun came under prohibited activities under the paypal acceptable use policy?

Login to Me Too

Bengs
Contributor
Contributor
So essentially they can just do this to anyone else and get away with it?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.