Cancelling email payment

rainbowz
Contributor
Contributor

On June 13th, I sent a friend some money (a gift, so no product was purchased, ergo no "Item Dispute" at issue) using a yahoo email of his; turns out he doesn't have a PayPal account with that email anymore (old defunct address), he can't actually access the money, yet the payment status on this says "completed".

How do I get that money back to my account? Is it correct that the transaction says "Completed" even if he hasn't taken the money and what happens now? There is no "cancel" button under this transaction, FWIW.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

If there is no "Cancel" button, and the status is Completed, it would mean that the payment did indeed go to a PayPal account registered under to that email address.  It sounds like your friend may have registered at some point in the past and forgotten about it, so they may want to contact us to see about refunding your payment back or gaining access to the account to get the money.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.