Cancel a payment after its marked completed

PrizmII
Contributor
Contributor

I paid an invoice by sending the money to the e-mail.  The individual tells me he does not have a paypal account and wishes the payment sent through google but the status is marked complete.

How do I cancel this transaction?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

If the payment was sent to an email address that isn't associated with a PayPal account, you will have the option to cancel it.  Look for the action column and select cancel from the drop down.

If that isn't there, the payment was sent to an email address that is registered with PayPal.  That means someone received the money!  If that's the case, you might consider filing a claim for Non-Receipt in the Resolution Centre.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

rowanstorm
New Community Member

Thanks Adrian,

I have sent a Paypal payment to someone who does not have a Paypal account, and does not wish to open one.

On my account history, this transaction is marked 'completed', but the person has not received the funds.

I would like to cancel this payment.

I cannot find the place in the resolution center to manage this.

HELP!!!

thanks so much

Rowan

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

rowanstorm,

If it is marked as "Completed," rather than "Unclaimed," then someone has the payment.  You can open a claim in two ways:

Go to the Resolution Center and click "Report a Problem" and then follow the stops.  Or, view the Transaction Details and scroll down.  There will be an option to report a problem with the transaction there.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.