Can't Send Money - Reached Sending Limit?

herewebe
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to send a payment.  My sending limit more than enough available.  
PayPay is saying that I've reached my sending limit and i need to link my bank account.
Why is this when I still have a sending limit?
also, when I try to pay it, it doesn't ask if I want to pay via credit card.  
Why do I still need to link my bank account when i have room in my sending limit and I want to use my credit card?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

herewebe
Contributor
Contributor

I called PayPal to find out why even though my "send limit" exceeded the amount I needed to send to pay an invoice, I kept receiving the message that I had exceeded my "send limit". 

Apparently, there is a "bug" in the code somewhere that creates this issue.  The customer service person was able to fix the problem and waited on the line while I paid the invoice.

He said that the purpose of linking the PayPal account to a bank account is to verify that you are who you say you are, for additional escurity.  It takes 3-5 days for the deposit from PayPal to go into your bank account, then you should be able to go into "confirm bank account".  When you insert the amount that was deposited into your bank  account by PayPal, your PayPal account should change to "verified", which will raise your limit and give you the option to pay an invoice straight from your bank account or your credit card.

If this hasn't happened for yout, maybe a call or email to PayPal will correct the problem.  But if you haven't had any issues with your send limit, you probably don't have to worry.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

LouveGarou
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in a similar situation and it upsets me.

My account is already verified and has been for many years. Therefore there should not be any limits according to the info I could find on the Paypal website and still I get the exact same error message you mention asking I get verified.

I hope someone can explain that one, I am concerned.

Login to Me Too
Solved

herewebe
Contributor
Contributor

I called PayPal to find out why even though my "send limit" exceeded the amount I needed to send to pay an invoice, I kept receiving the message that I had exceeded my "send limit". 

Apparently, there is a "bug" in the code somewhere that creates this issue.  The customer service person was able to fix the problem and waited on the line while I paid the invoice.

He said that the purpose of linking the PayPal account to a bank account is to verify that you are who you say you are, for additional escurity.  It takes 3-5 days for the deposit from PayPal to go into your bank account, then you should be able to go into "confirm bank account".  When you insert the amount that was deposited into your bank  account by PayPal, your PayPal account should change to "verified", which will raise your limit and give you the option to pay an invoice straight from your bank account or your credit card.

If this hasn't happened for yout, maybe a call or email to PayPal will correct the problem.  But if you haven't had any issues with your send limit, you probably don't have to worry.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

LouveGarou
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Herewebe. 🙂

My concern was that I was already verified. I already had a linked bank account and gone through the verification process a couple of years ago. Therefore it was scary to me that all of a sudden when I was trying to pay for something Paypal was telling me "No way, Jose! You need to get verified!" but when I visited my account directly, it would say "Status : Verified".

Looking into the matter, I fell upon another post talking of this situation. I had already sent an email to Paypal with all the info I could think would be pertinent and the problem was solved within 24 hours. As you said, something seems up that puts limits back on already verified accounts. At least according to what I gathered.

Thanks for the post about your experience!

Login to Me Too

flyingsnow
New Community Member

I have verified account for many years. Now all a sudden PayPal said that I have reached my sending limit and need to verify. (AGAIN???)

I linked my bank card a long time ago to verify only to realize that every time I was making a payment, PayPal always tried to use my bank account first and totally ignore my personal settings of using Credit Card first! The reason behind is PayPal is using every resort to get more money. By using bank account instead of Credit Card, PayPal is avoiding paying credit card company commissions. So PayPal rather makes a big hassle for its customers who wish to use Credit card, you basically have to go through payment method change again and again every time you make a payment.

Now PayPal found a new way to scam customers! Paypal will charge $2.45 to your credit card if you don't want to link a bank account and insist to use a Credit card.

It is FRAUDULENT to charge $2.45 to a large customer base including those accounts don’t even need to be verified again and again and then refund customers in up to 30 days or even longer in cases that customers do not use online banking!!!

Do a simple math, for every customer base of 1 million, PayPal sweeps in $2.45 MILLION cash!

Why PayPal does not give you the option to send that 4 digits Verification Code by regular mail to your registered credit card address, and upon receiving that digits, you enter it to your Paypal account to verify? Again, that will cost them postage money instead of sweeping in large amount of cash!

System Error to affect more than 60% of customers and can not be fixed for months? (based on what a customer service rep told me) You think so? It is a purposely thoughtfully planed scam!

By all means, PayPal is scamming its own customers!!!!!

Login to Me Too

yuki9622002
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using Credit Card to pay my ebay's orders, but paypal did not charge me for $2.45 as you said in your post.

Login to Me Too

ReliableVS

Hey Guys,

Before we go off accusing PayPal of malicious facts, I think it is best that we get all of our information straight and that anybody impacted by this socalled glitch gets in contact with customer support. I am sure the best way to get in touch ASAP would be via telephone. 

Simply explain the situation and one of the agents will be able to come up with a valid answer. As the above user stated, there is a possibility that there may be an error with the system. PayPal is a very large organization and mistakes are unlikely, yet occur from time to time.

Good luck. From my own experience PayPal has a wonderful support team, so in my opinion getting on direct telephone contact with customer support is probably your best option.

I hope everything turns out well for you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.