Blocked payment after 11 years - BAD customer service

hamahan
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a paypal member for 11 years and my transactions through paypal are well over $50,000 over this period. Never had a single dispute of any kind.

Today I tried to buy 3 tickets for a charity event using paypal and my payment was blocked. Not because of lack of funds but because of "security trigger". I spent 30 minutes with a woman from the Philippines on the phone and she wouldn't tell me what the issue was. All she kept repeating was that "this is for your protection" and my payment was out of range of my recent payments. The payment was for $156 and I have received over $500 just in the past two weeks through paypal. I asked to be transferred to someone in the US and she suggested that I hang up and call back.

I am done with this rip off.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

theguyzrock
Contributor
Contributor

Seems many with this issue now, I'm bumping all these till we get straight answer.

Login to Me Too

sammykins
Contributor
Contributor

See? That's another reason why I wouldn't call their customer service. The other major reason is my telephobia.

No one is getting a straight answer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.