Best way to make a Smartconnect payment

KBellaLuna
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, new here! I just made my first payment to my Paypal Smartconnect Debit card online, but it seemed to take days for it to process. Is there a quicker way to make the payment?  Something about adding a bank account or credit card? 

Also, is there a way for me to make a purchase online but if my Smartconnect account doesn't have enough funds, can it go into my bank account to fund the remainder?

Thanks for any help,

KBellaLuna

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_paula

Hi KBellaluna,

Sorry for the long response however I taught it best to provide you with all the information.

At PayPal we use what we call an "instant transfer".An Instant Transfer is a way to send money or make a payment from your bank account instantly using PayPal. You need to have a confirmed bank account and a backup payment method such as a credit card or debit card registered to your PayPal account to complete an Instant Bank Transfer. The Instant Transfer is charged to one of your other backup payment methods if your bank declines your transfer.

Here’s how to start your Instant Transfer:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Send Money.’
  3. Enter your information on the ‘Send Money’ page and click ‘Continue.’
  4. Review the details under ‘Payment Method’.
  5. Click ‘Change’ to change your payment method.
  6. Click ‘Send Money’ to complete your payment.

Note:

• Your backup payment method can be changed before you send the Instant Transfer, but not after.
  • We’ll email you and the recipient after the transaction is successful.
  • You need to have enough money in your bank account to complete an Instant Transfer.

hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

carriez
Contributor
Contributor

That wasn't the answer to how to make the smart connect payment go faster. I was wondering the same thing myself. PayPal can send and receive money instantly but it can't for that as well?

Login to Me Too

painPow
Contributor
Contributor

Ditto. I made a payment and it's been 5 days, and it's still processing... it's been frustrating waiting so long.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sounds like your seller has a wrong email addy on their auction.

What does it say in your paypal account??

Unclaimed with or without a cancel option or completed??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

painPow
Contributor
Contributor

This is in regards to a payment towards the Smartconnect Bill itself.

In other words:

SmartConnect is a credit card.

I pay it off from funds, in this case- my bank.

It is taking a long time to post the payment, and reflect that payment in my oustanding balance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.