Been Scammed on eBay please help me I really need it :(

JenniferAub19
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I really need all the advice I can get.

I bought a £50 gift card for £30 off eBay and the seller sent me 2 codes (Vaule of £50 via email) And the codes wouldn't work, So after contacting the seller they claimed the codes had already been redeemed, And they wouldn't even send me the gift card out!, They said codes through email only.

I opended a item not received, And paypal said there unable to decide the claim in my favor, And I appealed to not desrcived and the same thing.

This seller is scamming me and its not on at all!!! Surely to god he can't get away with this?

Will ringing PayPal up make any diffrence? I really need help right now, I can't afford to lose £30 it was a birthday present and he stated in the listing he would send the gift cards out or email but now he says only email

please help me 😞

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paypal can't help you as you have no buyer protection for the item you bought.

You can buy gift cards but at your own risk and if the sale goes awry then you have no paypal buyer protection as you are not covered for >>>

items equivalent to cash (including, without limitation, gift cards);

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JenniferAub19
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

So I'm guessing If I have no protection they won't either? I'm filing for a chargeback through my bank, They said they can claim the money back for me. Do you think this will work?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Certainly worth a try, good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.