BUYER PROTECTION QUESTION?

myreahz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I wish to purchase something from Preloved, But the seller said she doesn't have a paypal account, Can I send her a payment for goods into her bank account? And would i still be protected by Buyer protection?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes i agree.

But you can't use paypal to pay directly into someones bank account.

You can only ever pay from one paypal account to another OR if the seller is a business seller you can pay with a debit or c.c. direct into their paypal account.

But if someone does not have a paypal account then you can't use paypal to pay them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How can you have paypal buyer protection if you are not paying via paypal??

If you are paying direct into her bank account then you are not doing it via paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

myreahz
Contributor
Contributor

I was going to use paypal to pay it into her bank... Can not do that then? Im a very basic user of paypal i dont read too well which is why i asked the question - Is better to ask seemingly stupid questions and be safe, than to be stupid and not ask & end up loosing money

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes i agree.

But you can't use paypal to pay directly into someones bank account.

You can only ever pay from one paypal account to another OR if the seller is a business seller you can pay with a debit or c.c. direct into their paypal account.

But if someone does not have a paypal account then you can't use paypal to pay them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

myreahz
Contributor
Contributor

Oh ok, Thank you, now you've cleared that up for me i shall go & send her a reply saying something along the lines of...

"I dont think so Dave - no paypal no buy" Woman Very Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.