Awry Purchase of Licence Keys

alancdude
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Hoping you can help me.

I bought some software licence keys 18 days ago that were supposed to be emailed, but have not turned up (checking trash, spam box etc).

Firstly these licence keys were purchased by mistake as the company I work for already has a licence for this product. I didn't realise this when I purchased them, but I emailed the company, rang them several times requesting a refund but got no response on email and no pickup. I was not sure if the purchase was even covered for asking for a refund as I am UK and the company I purchased from is US, but it's very frustrating as I cannot even get in touch with them to discuss it.

Anyway, the software licence keys have not arrived either and even if they did arrive now, I don't need them any more as the sole reason I was purchasing them has past. 

What I want to know is do I have any cause for dispute here? I know the refund aspect is shaky ground because it is an American company and US law is quite harsh on the concept of refunds, and the UK distance cooling off period has now gone (although I couldn't even get in touch with this company). But the fact that I haven't received the "product" after 18 days, can I dispute this? What is the minuimum acceptable time for a dispute?

What are your thoughts (other than boohoo to me).

Thank, A.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_david

Hi there Alancdude.

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to this.

If you have still not received any updates from the seller, you can file a dispute on the transaction through your PayPal account to request a refund. When you initially open the case, you will have the opportunity to communicate with your seller through the Resolution Centre on your account.

During this stage, you should try explaining the situation to the seller and if they are in communication with you, they should have no problem with refunding the transaction to your account if they have not yet sent you the license keys.

You can follow the steps here to file a dispute on the transaction through your account http://ow.ly/YAJlo

David.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_david

Hi there Alancdude.

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to this.

If you have still not received any updates from the seller, you can file a dispute on the transaction through your PayPal account to request a refund. When you initially open the case, you will have the opportunity to communicate with your seller through the Resolution Centre on your account.

During this stage, you should try explaining the situation to the seller and if they are in communication with you, they should have no problem with refunding the transaction to your account if they have not yet sent you the license keys.

You can follow the steps here to file a dispute on the transaction through your account http://ow.ly/YAJlo

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.