Assistance with potential problem seller and Return/Replace (To China)

Riaz
New Community Member

Hi I will try to keep this breif.

Basically I have an open Resolution case for a defective product and Seller has offered to replace it.

I need to send the faulty product back to them (China) and I guess this is fair enough

The problem is I have reason to have little faith in this seller anymore and have a couple of concerns as below:

• The seller has provided a return address within the resolution centre. I have read issues on this board where Items are returned to a different address than the registered PayPal address. How can I confirm if this is the correct address to return to?
  • Can I find out the Seller's registered PayPal address?
  • I have until the 28th to escalate the call, if needed at what point should I do this
  •  - Before I send back the product so that PayPalcan confirm they are happy with return adddress etc
  •  - Item is unlikely to be repaired/replaced and back with me before the case closes, so would I escalate a few days before it expires if the item is not returned to me by then
  • Seller has specifically asked not to use UPS/USPS/DHL/TNT/Fedex and advised to use EMS/Air Express/local postal service. Any concerns regarding this.

I am happy to follow a return and replace service my main concern is that I have doubt's I will see a replacement and so wish to ensure I have PayPal support should this happen. Item value is nearly $300 so substantial enough to be worried over.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPW
New Community Member

I have been ripped of by 2 eBay sellers in the last 2 years. One was a Ralph Lauren shirt advertised as new. After going back and forth with the seller, I sent the shirt to Ralph Lauren. They told me that it was at least 10 years old. The seller would do nothing, and by that time I was over the 45-day limit.

Just recently, I purchased what was supposed to be a Miraclesuit bathing suit. It's a long story, but the bottom line is that the suit I received is a Trim Shaper, and the material started to deteriorate after about 5 uses. I did not discover that the suit had been misrepresented by the seller until after the 45-day period because the suit was sent to me in FL and I left it there until I returned 2 months later. HUGE MISTAKE. I contacted the seller and told her what had happened. Her response was basically, "Truly, we cannot refund a bathingsuit that has been worn and is now damaged." This was after I proved to her that she sent me the wrong suit.

My advice to you is simple: escalate the issue NOW. If you wait, and the 45-day period expires, eBay will do absolutely nothing to help you. I wish I could post the names of these sellers because they know that they are cheating the buyer.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there guys, and welcome to the community.

Riaz, if you are unsure that the address is correct you can escalate and have PayPal issue you with an address to return the item. The postal service you use doesn't matter as long as you have a tracking number that shows delivery and can be tracked online.

Let us know how you get on.

DPW, I can see that you have a response on your other post. I hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.