An unclaimed payment has been canceled

A-N-Boutique
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I have only started selling on ebay and recieved my first order but I don't understand what's happened there.

Firstly, I recieved an email from ebay informing me about item sold. Then I recieved an email about getting the payment but few minutes later I got another email saying the buyer 'has canceled the unclaimed payment of  ***GBP made with PayPal'

So, does this mean the order has been canceled? If it is why does it say on ebay the item is sold?

I'm really confuesed!!

All your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi A-N- Boutique

I suspect you may have an incorrect ppal email address on your ebay  listing

Go to your ebay sold page find the transaction and click sell similar

Scroll down and double check your email address is correct without any spelling mistakes

Is your ppal email address the same as the email address you have on your ebay listing in order to receive payments?

As the payment was unclaimed it has gone to an incorrect ppal email address

If its wrong come back for more advice

Login to Me Too

A-N-Boutique
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Thanks for your advice I have checked but the email address is correct. My first guess was the buyer canceled their order but on ebay it says the item is sold. What do you think the csse may be? Your advice will be much appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Have you verified your account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

The item is sold to the buyer, but the ppal email address they have paid to is not associated to your account thats why its marked "unclaimed"

Is your email address confirmed and your account verified?

Login to Me Too

A-N-Boutique
Contributor
Contributor
How can I check if its verified??
Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Did you go through these steps?

How do I verify my PayPal account?

We only ask you for essential information when you sign up to PayPal, but as you transact with us we're under a legal obligation to know more information about you. Once you get verified, you can send and receive amounts beyond initial limits that were in place on your account.

To get verified, log in to your account and click the Unverified link on your Account Overview page. There are 3 steps to getting verified:

1. Add your UK bank account.
  2. Submit Direct Debit Instruction.
  3. Confirm bank account.
Login to Me Too

A-N-Boutique
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks so much, my account wasn't verified, now I've done it. Will the payment be received automatically now or do I have to do anything??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.