Am i using Pay Pal correctly?

TheDarkKnight

Im new to pay pal and have just purchased something of ebay,i went got through the checkout procedure successfully . When creating my paypal account i added my bank card details etc. to my account, but am a bit confused as on my paypal page it says my balance is zero, so was i supposed to add the money to buy the item to my paypal balance or does it just go straight from my bank through paypal, any help much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No its fine, the only people that normally have funds in their paypal account "balance" are sellers RECEIVING payments from buyers.

Buyers rarely do unless they have been refunded.

If the payment is completed then all is well.    Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay, paypal credit your seller with your funds and then they automatically transfer those funds directly from your funding source ie card to your paypal account to reimburse themselves.

As a buyer you never need to have funds in your paypal account balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TheDarkKnight

Yes my debit card is added to the account and it says the ebay payment has been completed so i assume its just gone straight out of my bank account, i was just alarmed when i saw my paypal balance was zero thinking the seller wouldnt receive payment due to my own faults.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No its fine, the only people that normally have funds in their paypal account "balance" are sellers RECEIVING payments from buyers.

Buyers rarely do unless they have been refunded.

If the payment is completed then all is well.    Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.