be a smart buyer

bluetrigger

Always read feedback both as a seller and buyer.  With all the different countries now selling on Ebay time is important.  If there is a problem with an item purchased overseas make sure that you remember that there is a limited time to make a claim if you can't work with the seller.  I made that mistake and ran out of time and lost a phone from China, they claim that I did not send it back, even though I sent them copies of the reciepts from the USPS and a tracking number.  All the days and sometimes weeks, it sometimes takes for an item to get from say China, to you and the time to get it sent back to China the time to use Ebay and Paypal to help you is limited.  Ebay and Paypal are not your mother and father they can only do so much to help.  Keep records of all messages sent back and forth from the seller to you and from you to the seller.  The more information you provide to Ebay or Paypal will really help to solve the problem quickly.   Perhaps someday Ebay and Paypal will extend the amount of time  to file a claim and that will help, but for now just do your homework and learn who your seller is and what is he willing to do if a problem does arise. A smart buyer is an asset to both buyers and  sellers..  If Ebay or Paypal can't help you with your claim, or the time to file a claim is past,  there are other sites  like ecommerce.gov and others that may be able to assist you.

Just remember be smart and be safe.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

2blkflys

From a seller's point of view: please look at the first 3-5 pages of feedback if a seller's score is less then 100%. As a seller with over 1,000 feedbacks, I recently had one negative feedback..because the buyer wasn't happy with the color of the product, not because I described it wrong but just because the lipstick color wasn't as pink as she would have liked. My feedback went to 99.9% for one negative feedback! And the feedback wasn't even about me; it was about the buyer not liking the product..and I refunded her money. If you look at 3-5 pages of feedback and they are positive you know that anything negative is in the very small minority and the seller is overall a good seller.

2blkflys

www.Deals-On-The-Fly.com

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.