wrong shipping amount in cart

Working9Man
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using the PayPal cart on my website forever, and I noticed lately that it doesn't put in the right (or any) shipping amount sometimes.  This could have been going on for a while tho.

When I use the shipping and shipping2 variables, it works fine, but when I don't use those variables at all, it doesn't put any shipping in the cart.  It's supposed to default back to the shipping calculations I have set up in my profile -- which are based on item amount value, and I have not changed in years -- but it's not doing that at all.  So somebody may buy something off my website for hundreds of dollars and not have any shipping charged at all -- what's going on?

In my domestic shipping method, I have the "Override shipping methods per transaction:" option  set to On

this is an example of the HTML code I use to add an item to the PayPal cart :

<form target="paypal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="image" src="../Images/AddToCart.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Add to Shopping Cart">
<input type="hidden" name="add" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="Working.Man(AT)usa.net">
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="1917 Type 1 Standing Liberty Quarter XF">
<input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="Qua1917Ty1XF">
<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="130.00">
<input type="hidden" name="cn" value="Optional Notes">
<input type="hidden" name="handling_cart" value="2.00"></form>

What am I doing wrong?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.