status shipment, definition

erquy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am new in using Paypal for taking orders and shipping items. I have been looking for more information about the definitions when using the tracking shipment information, but either I end up on archives, or page does not exist. So I hope someone can help me with actual information. I have several questions:

1) Can someone explain more the differences and official definition of  shipped, in process, on hold, order processed?

2) I have sent an item to a customer, enter the tracking number and the courrier reference. I selected "shipped" and it is being track and reported as it shall, and the link works in my paypal page. The customer on his hand, based in sweden, received a mail notification, translated in swedish, where it is said "levererad" which means "delivered" (while it is not delivered, just went out). So there is confusion, and I am not sure where it comes from: is it a misstranslation by the automatic translation used when paypal send the mail (as also in the mail he received, it is said it is me as sender who exactly entered the information as it is, but obviously it is not really as being a translation, which is not the same meaning as I stated myself in the tracking info)? Or is in paypal "Shipped" means "delivered" (and "in process" them would mean "shipped but not delivered"?... and "order processed" mean delivered /in the sense of the "order" being the shipment (being the last listed in the drop down menu, it is also confusing, one would obviously expect "order processed" to come before "shipped" -the drop down list following a chronological order of actions one can expect?? I am a bit lost in what those items effectively mean under this "traking". 

Regards

David

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.