receiving credit card payment via invoice

pete4156
New Community Member

I've sent a PayPal invoice to a customer with a "pay" button so they can pay with their credit card.  The customer does not want a PayPal account.  They claim that they are prompted to set up a PayPal account.  Do they have to set up a PayPal account to pay with a credit card? Is there a way around this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

peterhoa
Contributor
Contributor

Also have this issue. According to PayPal support this applies to all merchants invoices now due to some Austrac requirement.  Payments by credit card are no longer accepted. ie a PayPal account is required.  However the customer isn't told this -- they are given the choice to pay with a credit card but when they try the payment just fails with a message "Things don't appear to be working right now.".  This started happening in October.  PayPal admit they have not advised Australian merchants of this yet and it is not documented anywhere.  Unbelievable really -- invoices just started failing without warning.

Login to Me Too

peterhoa
Contributor
Contributor

Just to clarify - I was told by PayPal support that this is an Australian issue. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.