"Unknown Exception While invoking the ShipmentServ for getting the system preferred Address Id"???

jennyblu76
Contributor
Contributor

I assume it's a typical PP glitch. Any ideas? Keep getting this message while trying to ship a package.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Navoni
Contributor
Contributor

I have also been having this issue for a certain address ( that I have shipped to numerous times in the past), and I found something that worked for me. Idk why it works, but I changed  St. to Street ( spelled out) and both times it actually went through to give me the price for my shipping label. Hope this helps you all as well! Good luck

-Navoni

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

Navoni
Contributor
Contributor

I have also been having this issue for a certain address ( that I have shipped to numerous times in the past), and I found something that worked for me. Idk why it works, but I changed  St. to Street ( spelled out) and both times it actually went through to give me the price for my shipping label. Hope this helps you all as well! Good luck

-Navoni

Login to Me Too

SteveDavidson
Contributor
Contributor

I was working with a PO box.  After reading your comment I was able to Type out Post Office Box, and it worked.  I was then able to print out my shipping label! Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Navoni
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome! So glad it helped! 

Login to Me Too

tbblove
Contributor
Contributor

This also worked for me. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

DBjewels
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! Kept thinking it was my browser, then my device, so glad you posted this. I changed the address from “Ave”  to “Avenue,” then it finally went thru. When the label printed, it still printed Ave on the label.

Very strange bug. I hope PayPal flags it right away.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SteveDavidson 

I had this happen to me also yesterday and it was for a PO box, too. But later the error message didn't appear and it finally let me pay for the label. I didn't spell out 'Post Office' or anything. I'm not sure what it was that I did to finally to get it to work because I know "PO Box" should work because I used that before. I did edit the zip code from 5 digits to 9 digits and back and even start the process over. I even opened a new tab to a third party postage site and in the process of copying and pasting the shipping address over to buy a label there instead. Site can act goofy at times. lol

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bevsau
Contributor
Contributor

nothing has worked-does anyone from paypal know if this is being worked on?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.