paying for shipping

jhoffman95
New Community Member

Hey! Ok so i have sold things with paypal many times. Usually i go to to postoffice. Today I decided to do it via paypal and use the postal service and print my shipping label. Well it told me the price of shipping, i printed label but now how to do i pay for the shipping? Will paypal bill me, pay when they pick up???? HELP

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jhoffman95 

By what you described, you probably already paid since you were allowed to print your postage label. Go to your account Activity and locate the transaction for the postage label you just made, click on it and see how you paid for it in the details.

For future reference:

After you fill in the shipment package information and click Calculate Shipping Cost button, PayPal will tally the amount of the postage and will show the payment method near the amount. It will either show "PayPal Balance" or another linked method with a change link depending on how your preferred payment method for online purchases set up. If you are ok with the payment method you're going to use, and all the information for the shipment is correct, then click "Confirm and Pay".

If you edit the shipping information, you'll see that you have to calculate postage again, select your payment method or make sure it's right and then confirm and pay.

ADVANCE USER TIP (for the detail-oriented):

I recommend having a linked payment method (a credit card or bank account) set as preferred method for online purchases so that when you have funds in your PayPal balance, a drop down menu will appear defaulting to your linked payment method but you can choose between PayPal balance and the linked method.

IF you just set the preferred method as PayPal balance, no dropdown menu will appear and you will be locked in to paying your postage label by PayPal balance.

To set your preferred payment method for online purchases:

Go to Account Settings (wheel icon) > Payments > Your preferred way to pay > Online Purchases

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jhoffman95 

By what you described, you probably already paid since you were allowed to print your postage label. Go to your account Activity and locate the transaction for the postage label you just made, click on it and see how you paid for it in the details.

For future reference:

After you fill in the shipment package information and click Calculate Shipping Cost button, PayPal will tally the amount of the postage and will show the payment method near the amount. It will either show "PayPal Balance" or another linked method with a change link depending on how your preferred payment method for online purchases set up. If you are ok with the payment method you're going to use, and all the information for the shipment is correct, then click "Confirm and Pay".

If you edit the shipping information, you'll see that you have to calculate postage again, select your payment method or make sure it's right and then confirm and pay.

ADVANCE USER TIP (for the detail-oriented):

I recommend having a linked payment method (a credit card or bank account) set as preferred method for online purchases so that when you have funds in your PayPal balance, a drop down menu will appear defaulting to your linked payment method but you can choose between PayPal balance and the linked method.

IF you just set the preferred method as PayPal balance, no dropdown menu will appear and you will be locked in to paying your postage label by PayPal balance.

To set your preferred payment method for online purchases:

Go to Account Settings (wheel icon) > Payments > Your preferred way to pay > Online Purchases

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.