how do i retrieve soething from the paypal archives?

pentooling
Contributor
Contributor

I was trying to generate a shipping label and I accidentally clicked on the right square on the activities page.  It said "Archive" for some reason instead of "Generate a shipping label" and now I can't generate a shipping label for this order.  how do I back out of this to gen a shipping label?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @pentooling

Thanks for posting in the community. 

The archive feature can be used to remove transactions from your recent history. A lot of sellers use this to remove transactions when they have processed the order. 

Since you have done this accidentally you can restore the transaction. You will find the transaction by completing an advanced search in your account and selecting archived items. 

To search your History Log, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account.
  2. Click Activities at the top of the page.
  3. Click the drop down menu beside "Charts & Graphs" and select the search criteria you want to use.

Select additional filters to find a specific transaction:

1. Select "Active", "Archived", or "All" from the drop down menu.
  2. Select the appropriate filter in the "All transactions" drop down.
  3. Select the date range you wish to search through in the date range drop down, and click Submit.

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

pentooling
Contributor
Contributor

That last answer does not work, sad to say.  There is no element of a findable drop down menu called "Charts & Graphs", so im still trying to recover from the Paypal bug where a recently paid transaction sporadically gets the button  (on the right) labelled "Archive" instead of "Print Shipping Label".  Trying to move quickly I accidentally press these Archive buttons and Paypal apparently cannot recover the transaction from the Archives ( wherever they are) so I can print a shipping label.  The only way I've found around this bug is to sacrifice my seller's protection, get a bunch of postage stamps, and make my own shipping label by hand.  By this time I've lost about 1/2 hour of my day.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.