can't print label ERRORCODE-50023

bookbinder
Contributor
Contributor

Second time today.  This happened this morning after successfully printing one label, it wouldn't print the second and get the error code.

Tonight, the same thing.  I print one label, the it won't let me print the second, with this error code, ERRORCODE-50023. 

It only happens with USPS, not UPS

I have $400 in my account. 

I deleted and reinstalled my credit card. 

I cleared the cache.

With all the problems people are having with this error code, you'd think it would get fixed.

This is my business payment system, and I can't afford the time it takes to do a work around for this.

Please fix this problem!

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

donmannerism
Contributor
Contributor

Here's a tip for anyone using this function to print shipping labels for items sold on eBay... Use the print and ship button on your sold item on eBay. It has worked flawlessly every time. That still doesn't excuse why it will not work on Paypal itself. I was told that, although there is nothing wrong with what I'm doing and there are no problems with my computer, I have repeatedly been flagged as a "security risk" and there is nothing that can be done about it. If that's the case it seems all Paypal customers wishing to use this function are up against the same thing. It is obviously a flaw in Paypal's security program and it should be fixed. 

Login to Me Too

aabroadwater

I may have actually figured out what was happening here. I had about $200 in my account yet I kept getting ERRORCODE-50023 and couldn't purchase a label to ship an already paid item...I went to my PayPal WALLET and realized I somehow had *nothing * selected for "preferred way to pay online". I simply selected my PayPal balance as my preferred way to pay online (instead of inexplicably having none of the options selected?) and I was then allowed to purchase and print the label. I believe the error code is coming because when there is no preferred way to pay online selected, then it thinks there is no money and it prevents you from purchasing . Hope this helps somebody!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Thanks for sharing @aabroadwater.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

eccentrixityLLC
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately none of these worked for me... My account was opened 2 days ago , I'm wondering if that could be the reason why ….?

Login to Me Too

monicava
New Community Member

I'm getting this error but I do have a preferred way to pay listed. I was able to print one label no problem. Now the other two throw the same error.

Login to Me Too

loudside20
New Community Member

I was getting this too.   Soon as i checked my cell phone i seen a text message from paypal asking if it was fraud or not.  I responded with no its not fraud (1) and received a thank you reply and tried again and boom it was good to go. It seems to happen every time now i try to do labels. have to confirm on my phone so maybe these notifications are ending up in a email box or your phone.

Login to Me Too

Wanttoship20-
Contributor
Contributor

Have had PayPal for years. Just tried shipping. Kept getting error msg but finally got 4 of 7 to print. CS Says a security issue was flagged but won’t call me to clear. Over $200 balance and two credit cards associated with account. Beyond frustrated and not pleased with customer service.  Had issue on USPS site today and it was elevated to TECH support and corrected in 2hours.  I am on about 8 hours of dealing with this and still can’t ship.

Login to Me Too

ChristianBailey
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal, you need to fix this. I was able to work-around with @edouardzoutomou 's solution, but it's ridiculous that a year has gone by and it's not fixed.

I can help you with debugging - I started getting the error after Paypal's anti-fraud blocked a label I was printing. I was sending multiple labels costing the same amount, and the third one triggered a decline. But the merchant is Paypal - you should teach it to trust your own company!

Also, after the decline, I didn't get any more helpful messages, just this error. I went into Automatic Payments and changed the credit card used for Ebay Shipping. And I still get the error. There is no way for a user to resolve this. Just the work-around. Please fix!

Login to Me Too

ChristianBailey
Contributor
Contributor

Update: single-label printing started working again after a day. Presume my theory about fraud-prevention is correct.

Login to Me Too

Wanttoship20-
Contributor
Contributor
How did you get someone on phone? When I called said closed due to CV. @askpaypal on Twitter has been helpful and I found a senior contact at corporate who is looking into it. I was finally able to print with the batch option
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.