Why I Can not change the name on the account

FrustratdUser10
New Community Member

Paypal has a stupid automated customer service.   The person who  handles paypal in our nonprofit left and I took over. Went through the steps that Paypal recommend to change "owneship".  uploaded SSN, driving licence, letter head,   No response.  No acknowledge even that they received any thing or if they processing it.  did that twice,  Emailed them and got an automated message,  asked again and got the exact same stupid automated message.

How to deal with that?

Compliance verification for paypal wrote:
Aug 11, 2019

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

If your business is changing ownership, you can change the contact name on your PayPal Business account. Please note that the contact name must be the owner's name, not the name of the business.

Here's how to change the contact name on your account:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon next to 'Log out' and select Account Settings.
  3. Click Account owner information under 'Business Profile'.
  4. Click Change beside 'Name'.
  5. Select 'Your contact name has changed' and click Continue.
  6. The website will list the required documents in order to complete your request. The following documents are required for a business contact name change.
    • Document on business letterhead
      •  Include the primary email address, current name, address, and phone number on the PayPal account. Provide the new business contact name and the reason for the change.
  7. Once you have the necessary documents ready, click Upload Documents to proceed with your request.

To help protect your information, we cannot accept files sent by email attachment.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely, 
Rheane
PayPal Compliance Department
PayPal

© 2019 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131

Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2019 7:07:33 PM (-07:00)
Subject: Re: [PPCV] Notification of Your PayPal Account (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

We have already submitted the required documents twice. The instruction you shared does not explain what happens after submitting the documents ? can you elaborate?

Thank you

On Fri, Aug #, #### at ##:## PM   Compliance verification for paypal wrote:  wrote:

Dear XXXXXXXXXX

If your business is changing ownership, you can change the contact name on your PayPal Business account. Please note that the contact name must be the owner&###;s name, not the name of the business.

Here&###;s how to change the contact name on your account:
#.Log in to your PayPal account.
#.Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
#.Click Account owner information under Profile.
#.Click Change beside "Name."
#.Select "Your contact name has changed" and click Continue.
#.The website will list the required documents in order to complete your request. The following documents are required for a business contact name change. 
◦Document on business letterhead 
Include the primary email address, current name, address, and phone number on the PayPal account. Provide the new business contact name and the reason for the change.
#.Once you have the necessary documents ready, click Upload Documents to proceed with your request.

To help protect your information, we cannot accept files sent by email attachment.

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

I need someone to help me with changing the name on the account. I am getting the same automated response after I submitted documents twice with no acknowledgement. what kind of lousy customer service is that ?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.