What is your experience (as a vendor) using a Paypal Store Cash Campaign?

AmerikanBodyArt
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed the Paypal Store Cash Campaign offer pop up on my account.  On the surface, it seems like a good idea to generate some business during the slow season.  But without the ability to set a minimum purchase requirement, I worry that everyone who uses my $5 store cash offer, will only spend $5.  My theory on the reason for most abandoned carts is that people who have put items in the cart and left, were probably only buying a couple of small things and the cost of shipping made it not worth it to complete the purchase.  If I could at least set the minimum purchase to double the Store Cash amount, at least I wouldn't be losing money.
I've searched online and only found two people who used it and their experience was exactly as I thought it would be.  And a bunch of other people are asking about it.  But I haven't seen a single positive review yet.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ryanoco
Contributor
Contributor
Terrible, exactly as you expect to happen is what will happen. I offered $5 and I got a ton of orders for low value products like $1.99 plus $2.99 shipping and it was free for them. I also had a lot of eBay orders come through for maybe $9.99 but im paying 10% fees on that. Not sure why eBay is included in "store" cash. Stay away until a min is offered
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.