What happens if I mark a partially payed invoice as paid?

santiago0903
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a client a due-on-receipt invoice that allowed partial payments and she's already paid half. However, when she was about to pay the rest, there was no option to pay the remaining amount. Can I just mark the invoice as paid, receive half the money, and send her a new invoice for the remaining balance or is there another solution to this problem? I really hope someone will help me, thank you so much!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@santiago0903 

Hi,

Click Edit on the invoice. Add a line item to the invoice and enter the remaining amount in the price field with a minus sign in from of the amount to zero out the invoice. Click to send but choose Share the link so you do not send the updated invoice. Then create and send new invoice for the balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

santiago0903
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response! I've tried editing the invoice but whenever I try to do so it says I can't because it has already been paid (partially, in my situation), refunded, or cancelled. Is there any way I can work around this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.