cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was I actually paid?

SOLVED
New Community Member

Was I actually paid?

Hello, Recently, I put an account for a video game up for sale. A buyer contacted me and sent me the payment over PayPal. I received an invoice for the amount and it said that it had been paid in full. However, when I look at my transaction history, it still shows my payment request to the buyer, and the invoice was in my notification window for a couple days after the "sale." Does this sound like a legitimate transaction, or did the buyer somehow fake the invoice by listing me as the payee and saying that I paid in full? I know that it takes up to three weeks for the hold to be released, but I'm getting more and more nervous with each passing day. Thank you for your help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Was I actually paid?

@WonderPhil 

Its more like:

"the buyer somehow fake the invoice by listing me as the payee and saying that I paid in full"

Scam. Selling gaming accounts draws these kinds of scammers so beware. If you sent a payment request and it is still marked pending, that means it has not been paid.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-know-if-my-money-request-or-invoice-has-been-pa...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Esteemed Advisor

@WonderPhil 

Its more like:

"the buyer somehow fake the invoice by listing me as the payee and saying that I paid in full"

Scam. Selling gaming accounts draws these kinds of scammers so beware. If you sent a payment request and it is still marked pending, that means it has not been paid.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-know-if-my-money-request-or-invoice-has-been-pa...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

New Community Member

Gotcha! I appreciate the help!