Was I actually paid?

WonderPhil
New Community Member
Hello, Recently, I put an account for a video game up for sale. A buyer contacted me and sent me the payment over PayPal. I received an invoice for the amount and it said that it had been paid in full. However, when I look at my transaction history, it still shows my payment request to the buyer, and the invoice was in my notification window for a couple days after the "sale." Does this sound like a legitimate transaction, or did the buyer somehow fake the invoice by listing me as the payee and saying that I paid in full? I know that it takes up to three weeks for the hold to be released, but I'm getting more and more nervous with each passing day. Thank you for your help!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WonderPhil 

Its more like:

"the buyer somehow fake the invoice by listing me as the payee and saying that I paid in full"

Scam. Selling gaming accounts draws these kinds of scammers so beware. If you sent a payment request and it is still marked pending, that means it has not been paid.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-know-if-my-money-request-or-invoice-has-been-pa...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WonderPhil 

Its more like:

"the buyer somehow fake the invoice by listing me as the payee and saying that I paid in full"

Scam. Selling gaming accounts draws these kinds of scammers so beware. If you sent a payment request and it is still marked pending, that means it has not been paid.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-know-if-my-money-request-or-invoice-has-been-pa...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

WonderPhil
New Community Member
Gotcha! I appreciate the help!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.