Using PayPal Business temporarily without a bank account

SuraRzayeva
New Community Member

Dear PayPal Community,

I'm an artist and planning to launch my online store to start selling my designs. I'm building a Shopify powered website. Right now, I'm living in Azerbaijan, where PayPal business account doesn't work. I mean I cannot receive money selling online products using PayPal Business Account. However, I'm going to move to Germany in 2 weeks. But after moving to Germany, registering somewhere and opening a bank account will take almost a month. I don't want to postpone the launch of my website that much, I want to open it soon. 

So, can I temporarily open a PayPal business account, while being in Germany, use my Azerbaijani bank account to pay for the orders and receive money on PayPal as a bank (the money will stay on my PayPal account), then later add my german bank account and transfer money? I don't need any actual money transferred to my bank account for now. I just need to fulfill orders and receive money on PayPal, which will also stay there, until my bank account is ready. 

Is this possible? I hope my question is clear enough because I'm very confused.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Kindly,

Sura Rzayeva

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SuraRzayeva 

PayPal accounts are country specific. You can't add a bank account from another country to a PayPal account that isn't opened in the same country other than a US bank account because PayPal is a US company and does this for the benefit to its US customers.

A better temporary option is to call ahead to customer service and let them know you want to use your Azerbaijan PayPal account while in Germany beginning at what date so the account doesn't get blocked out of security reasons.

Then you can pay for supplies with your Azerbaijan PayPal and bank account but possibly have your new Germany PayPal account receive funds from orders. This may help your fulfill orders until you can get fully settled in Germany and phase out the Azerbaijan PayPal account. Note that your new Germany PayPal account may be subject to PayPal payment holds since you're a new seller and have to build up the account so that not every payment will be held or held at all other than for occasional cases of high risk transaction.

Otherwise, it is in your best interest to get settled in Germany with your financials FIRST before launching your website.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.