Trying to change my business account from a non-profit to a for-profit.

wgillett
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to change my business account from a non-profit to a for-profit (consistent with the current EIN associated with the account).  We have had an open ticket submitted with compliance for over 45 days - still no word on when (or if) it will be processed.  

HISTORY:

We have had this account in good standing for several years and actively use it daily. the EIN originally associated with this account was a non-profit.  The new EIN associated with this account is associated with a for-profit LLC.  We are trying to apply for a business loan and need to update the profile so that the business type is consistent with our EIN (for-profit). 

Here is the timeline of my communications with Paypal Customer Service on this topic.

6/22/18 - Called PP customer service and they opened a ticket with compliance on my behalf to change our account from non-profit to for-profit.   Was told it would take "a week or two".

7/15/18 - Called PP Customer service - said they were escalating it and the compliance group should be in touch with me "shortly".

7/26/18 - Called customer service - was told the tickets where still open and suggested I could email compliance.  Never got email address. 

8/8/201 - Called customer service - was told tickets where still 'open' ( they confirmed 'open' meant not yet in process) - was told they have no idea why it is taking so long to get to the ticket.  Was told that the email address for compliance was no-longer available.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.