Trying to calculate shipping label triggers fraud alert

TomBl
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to CALCULATE a shipping label price (before even purchasing it), but every time I attempt to do this, I get the following error:

Your payment for shipping cannot be processed because it exceeds your available balance. Please add a credit card or bank to your account for completing this label purchase. ERRORCODE-50023

Then, shortly after I get a paypal text message asking me if I intended to make a $xx purchase, which I respond to with "no". I'm not even trying to purchase the label, I'm just trying to calculate the price before I purchase it. However, this then triggers a password reset for my account. I've done this twice now, and I can't figure out how to use the shipping label and mak eit work. I used to use this a few years ago with no issues, but something seems broken now. I have two credit cards linked to my account, and pay several recurring bills this way every month without issues.

Does anyone have any clues what's going wrong?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MadMonsterMom
New Community Member

This happened to me tonight. I've had paypal for over 10 years. A lady tried to wire me money earlier for payment and I insisted on Paypal. Ever since, I'm getting the same message you are. I have reset my password 3 times. I don't know if it has something to do with the transaction itself, or if Paypal is just screwy for some reason.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.