Shipping label error and requesting refund from PayPal

Mary948
Contributor
Contributor

I'm fairly new to PayPal business and so far love it! 

I made an error on a shipping label when I entered the size of box and printed and paid for the label.  when I discovered my error I took the [pkg to the USPS and paid them to ship directly.  Now I have a shipping label that it no good and need to get a refund.  the USPS said I would need to contact PayPal but that is not easy to do.  Do any of you know how I would go about getting a refund?

Thanks so much for your help!

Mary948

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Mary948,

Welcome to PayPal! I'm glad to hear that you've had a good experience up to this point! I'm sorry to hear about the erroneous label. I'm afraid that the window for voiding a label has elapsed at this point. A USPS label can be voided within 48 hours of creation and a UPS label within 24 hours of creation. To learn more, please take a look at this help center article.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Mary948
Contributor
Contributor
I am very disappointed with your response. As a new business member I searched all over the website for an answer. How was I to know this feature is no longer available. I asked the USPS the day I mailed the pkg and they said I needed to contact PayPal. I found it very difficult to find a way to email PAYPAL and in fact I don’t know where it is now. Lesson learned. What else have I missed knowing?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Mary948,

I'm sorry that you had difficulty contacting PayPal. If you click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, there are options to call or email. For the most immediate response, calling is the best way to contact. For items that are not as time-sensitive, email can be used. The community is great for asking other members how to do things, but not all posts are answered. Account-specific assistance can't be given via the forums, so contacting PayPal customer service is necessary if it's an issue that involves a review of, or action on your account. 

I am very sorry about the experience that you've had here.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Perry6
Contributor
Contributor

I had a tough time contacting paypal about shipping labels that would not appear and not printed. Paypal does not have anyway of communicating about the problem. Very disappointed. I need refunds for 2 labels over 90 dollars. thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Perry6,

I'm sorry to hear that you had difficulty contacting PayPal. Contact options are listed when you click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. You can also reach out by DM on Twitter or PM on Facebook.

To learn about getting a refund for a shipping label, please click here. You can get a refund within 48 hours of generating a USPS label or 24 hours of generating a UPS label.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.