Shipping from Canada to States

Mamamico
Contributor
Contributor

I am shipping an item to the States from Canada and have received an email letting me know that my payment is on hold will be sent upon receipt of a Shipping Tracking Number (STN). In the email, it says “If you used USPS, UPS, or FedEx, provide a valid tracking number...” but I am shipping from CANADA so obviously I will not be using USPS! Can I ship via Canada Post or Purolator (not mentioned as options ion the email) and provide a STN number from them which will be recognized, or am I stuck with UPS or FedEx?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

choose USPS as it will be turned over to USPS which will continue tracking the shipment

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mamamico

BE VERY CAREFUL IT MAY BE THIS SCAM.............READ FIRST TO CHECK.

If I am right then sorry  if too late but as your thread had already been responded to by @nevadasmith, it had left 'contribute' where you get answers more quickly.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mamamico
Contributor
Contributor

THANK-YOU so much for your reply. We have not done anything or shipped the item yet (only because yesterday was a holiday!) so I REALLY appreciate your advice. This sounds exactly like what has happened. This is very upsetting as my son is 16 and trusting. I am glad he passed this by me first.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.