Shipping estimates

Mike8513
Contributor
Contributor

So PayPal discounts shipping when you purchase on the site. So how do I get a PayPal cost of shipping estimate to put on the estimate form my buyer wants. I use the PayPal discounted price to determine what I'm going to charge my customer so I really need to know what it is before I give an estimate.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Mike8513
Contributor
Contributor

Ok I figured what I had to do is use eBays shipping calculator since it gives same discount

and it's updated to U.S. Postal regulations for Dim shipping.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Mike8513,

Thank you for your post! Please take a look at this article regarding the shipping calculator. This will allow you to calculate the shipping costs.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Mike8513
Contributor
Contributor

Didn't help at all really, when a customer ask you to send a invoice from PayPal you go to tools then invoicing then create estimate now my thinking there should be a tab there for the shipping estimate after all your are here to do just that an estimate. ie: zip code, size of box, weight and type of shipping and shipper. I see no estimator that does that for creating an estimate invoice for a customer.  Not saying it's not there I'm just not seeing it. So what I have to do is log in to each individual shipping web site get shipping and then do the estimate invoice but that does not help me with the discount that is generated when you purchase shipping on PayPal as I use that to adjust my shipping quote as this is an estimate and the customer may be comparing yours with someone else so you do want to be competitive. Sorry for being a pain I'm just trying to figure out how to use PayPal without having to jump all over the internet.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Mike8513
Contributor
Contributor

Ok I figured what I had to do is use eBays shipping calculator since it gives same discount

and it's updated to U.S. Postal regulations for Dim shipping.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.