Shipping Status on PayPal

potatopotato
Contributor
Contributor

I created a storenvy shop recently and have been marking sent packages (sent through the post without tracking number) on the storenvy website itself as 'shipped'. I assumed that this would update the status of orders on Paypal as well. 

However, I recently noticed that on my Paypal account these orders still appear as "ready-to-ship". I know some of my customers have received their products already. I wanted to change order status to shipped but Paypal keeps asking for a tracking number in order to do so. 
Is it alright to archive these transactions despite their "ready to ship" status, or should I just mark them as shipped without tracking #? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@potatopotato 

Just click "Add Tracking Info" link or button by clicking the transaction itself to update the order status to shipped and select "without tracking number", if you do not have a tracking number.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@potatopotato 

Just click "Add Tracking Info" link or button by clicking the transaction itself to update the order status to shipped and select "without tracking number", if you do not have a tracking number.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

potatopotato
Contributor
Contributor

great, thank you so much for clarifying! 

Login to Me Too

JTorregano
Contributor
Contributor

Shouldn't this be something that is automatic? I have hundreds of orders and don't have the time or patience to sit and manually update each one every time.  Is there another way?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.