@ Shipping Label - Unable to print

AZseller7000ft
Contributor
Contributor

This is the error message I get when trying to generate a shipping label:

Your payment for shipping cannot be processed because it exceeds your available balance. Please add a credit card or bank to your account for completing this label purchase. ERRORCODE-50023

I DO HAVE a credit card linked. I also have a bank account and ample funds in my PayPal account.  Sometimes I can update and re-link my credit card, but still get the same message.  Support is less than helpful, first by sending me instructions on how to reprint a label.  I can't even get a label, why would they reply with how to "reprint"?  This is beyond stupid.  The second reply was that there was a security issue on my account and they can't override.  The third suggestion was to link a different card, which again, is stupid, since it's not a card issue.  That is nonsense too. 

I checked the forum and 311 other people have had the same issue.

Now, someone realized that a card had to be linked, which is great if you hadn't done that.  BUT, it doesn't solve my issue because the card was already linked.  I updated it (even though it's current) and re-linked.  Sometimes that works, sometimes not.  I've requested that this issue be escalated to IT, but won't hold my breath.  Does anyone out there know of any solution (other than linking card which doesn't solve it)?  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MurkCitySports
New Community Member

I have this EXACT same issue. Both a bank account, credit card, and debit card are linked. Has anyone figured out a solution?

Login to Me Too

AZseller7000ft
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I filed a tech support ticket with PayPal.  After some time they sent a reply that their tech team had found the root cause of the problem and were fixing it.  I received additional replies with updates; they did fix the issue sometime in late May and rolled out the fix.  First try logging out of PayPal, and clearing your cache & cookies, then log back in to be sure you are now in an updated version of PayPal.  I have been printing labels now since the fix with no problem at all.  I began printing them June 1 and haven't have any issues.  So try the suggestion from PayPal to log out, clear cache and cookies and log in after you do that and see if that works for you.  Also confirm you do have a card linked.  If you have problems after that I would suggest you put in a tech support ticket request so they can follow up on the issue.  Have a great day!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.